Richard Best Transfer, Inc. Effective November 1, 2012
Fees for Service
Rates: $6.00/ton for meal products
$5.50/ton for pellets
- $5.00/ton for pelletized unit trains of 25 or more
- $5.50/ton for meal unit trains of 25 or more.
$6.75/ton on Whole Cotton Seed with .75 shrink. RBT will take 1 percent shrink on each railcar of meal or pellets.
RBT requires a weight certification or waybill for every railcar shipped.
$200 charge for railcars requiring certified weight within RBT facility.
- Shippers will contact RBT prior to shipment of railcars in order to receive permission to ship for scheduling purposes. Failure to do so will result in all railroad assessorial charges incurred by RBT to be paid by the Shipper. Shipment notification will be made via email to RBT customer service representatives when railcar is shipped.
RBT will not be responsible for demurrage on private cars.
Grinding $10.00 per ton.
Hard Car Policy - Railcars that are determined to be difficult to off-load within a 30-minute time frame, will meet our hard to off-load policy. Customer will be notified for disposition. If disposition not received within two hours of notification, railcar will be off-loaded and hard car charges will be assessed.
Hard Car unloading - $225.00 per hour
- Storage Charges
- Summer Storage - $1.50/ton
- Oct. 1st – April 30th Winter Storage - $3.00/ton
- No car averaging
- Customers should have an established program of movement to ensure quality of product.
- RBT will not be responsible for shrink nor quality of product being held over 90-days.
There will be a minimum off-load charge of $450 per railcar regardless of weight.
Mixing fee - $2.00/ton for any two products mixed, $3.00/ton for any three products mixed. RBT will not be responsible for inventory discrepancies as a result of mixing.
Payment Terms - Payment of fees to RBT to be made monthly, in arrears with 30-day terms. Past due balances will be billed at 1 ½% interest per month. Should payment terms not be met within specified time period, RBT reserves the right to hold commodities until payment is received.
- RBT is not responsible for any damage or problems with products resulting from acts of God (Floods, earthquakes, natural disasters, extreme weather conditions, etc.).
- Rejected loads will be subject to a state inspection before being returned. If a load is returned without inspection, RBT will have product inspected for quality by the State Inspector. If product meets requirements, RBT will not be responsible for any accessorial charges. Quality claims/rejected loads are subject to a 24 hour time limit after delivery.